torsdag 16 april 2009

London, oh sweet London!!

It's been a while but now I'm back at the olde blog.

So, since last time I've launched my saxophone career big time!! First on the 4th of April my band Murder By Guitar opened up for Thomas Function (Alabama, USA) and since my wrist is still fucked up I can't play bass. I thought we sounded really swell and people seemed to dig it. Both the first band, the Alpine Huts, and Thomas Function were really cool too.


Then, last wednesday, I went to London to play with King Salami And The Cumberland 3 (listen here www.myspace.com/kingsalamiandthecumberland3) We did two rehearsals and it really sounded pretty good (except I really can't solo yet). On saturday we played at le Beat Bespoke festival and the stage was huge!! I couldn't believe I was gonna do my debut here. Anyway, the gig went fine and people thought I really fit in the band. I met some great people and we drank Jägermesister and danced the night away.

On sunday we played the Big Beat Bonanza festival. An all day festival at this club in Stoke Newington. I missed most of the bands though cuz it was hot as hell inside. King Salami did an even better gig than on the saturday. People were dancing and having fun. I met so much great people I hadn't seen in a long while.

I ended the whole week with my friend Eric (whom I stayed with) and Traxman (a German label boss) watching the Ruttles and Spinal Tap. Fake music documentaries rule!!!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar